VASD released new safety guidelines and protocols to all VASD-sponsored athletics and activities starting June 3, 2021, through July 2021.
Here are some keys points impacting athletics and activities:
• Masks must be worn indoors and on buses/school vans.
• Outdoors mask-wearing is optional but highly encouraged if distancing cannot be maintained.
• Six (6)-foot distancing should be maintained inside and outside to the maximum extent possible.
• In a fully masked environment (masks cover mouth and nose) inside or outside, if a person is deemed a close contact, they do not need to be quarantined, regardless of their vaccination status.
• People who have been deemed a close contact in an unmasked environment, but are fully vaccinated and can produce evidence indicating so, do not require quarantine.
• If a person does have to quarantine, they may return after a seven (7)-day quarantine if a COVID test is negative on day six (6) or later and the person remains asymptomatic.
• If your child is exposed and determined to be a close contact outside of school, they should not come to school and access learning in an alternative manner.
• Handwashing and sanitizing protocols remain in place.
• If ill, stay home! Do not attend practice or competitions.
Again, these requirements and protocols will be in place through July 31, 2021, and subject to change if there are requirements issued by PHMDC and/or the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
The District plans to communicate its 2021-22 virus mitigation plans to staff and families in August.
Please continue to check here for updates and helpful resources, and reach out to your sports head coach and club advisor for specific information and opportunities
2020-21 Winter Sports Season Start & End Dates (*End dates to be determined)
Basketball-Boys (Monday, Nov. 23 - Week of March 1*)
Basketball-Girls (Monday, Nov. 16 - Week of Feb. 22*)
Gymnastics (Monday, Nov. 16 - Week of Feb. 22*)
Hockey- Boys & Girls (Monday, Nov. 16 - Week of Feb. 15*)
Swimming & Diving-Boys (Monday, Nov. 23 - Week of Feb. 1*)
Wrestling (Monday, Nov. 23 - Week of Feb. 15*)
2020-21 Alternate Fall Sports Season Start & End Dates (*End dates to be determined)
Cross Country-Boys & Girls (Monday, March 15 - Week of May 3*)
Football (Monday, March 8 - Week of May 3*) - Earliest first game is Wednesday, March 24
Golf-Girls (Monday, March 29 - Week of May 17*)
Soccer-Boys (Monday, March 22 - Week of May 10*)
Swimming & Diving-Girls (Monday, Feb. 15 - Week of April 5*)
Tennis-Girls (Monday, March 8 - Week of April 26*)
Volleyball - Boys & Girls (Monday, Feb. 22 - Week of April 12*)
2020-21 Spring Sports Season Start & End Dates
Baseball (Monday, April 19 - Week of June 28*)
Golf-Boys (Monday, April 19 - Week of June 14*)
Softball (Monday, April 19 - Week of June 28*)
Soccer-Girls (Monday, April 26 - Week of June 28*)
Tennis-Boys (Monday, May 3 - Week of June 21*)
Track & Field - Boys & Girls (Monday, April 19 - Week of June 28*)
PHMDC Current Order (Emergency Order #8)
PHMDC Frequently Asked Questions
PHMDC K-12 Schools Sports Guidance
2020 WIAA Division 1 State Hockey Champions
Verona Area High School currently offers 22 athletics programs to our students. Each program consists of a varsity team, junior varsity team and in some cases include multiple freshman teams. Our coaching staff consists of 75 coaches passionate about sports and students.
Athletes must complete a physical examination, a concussion release, and an emergency contact form to participate in these activities. An athletic fee is also required, which varies depending on the number of sports a student participates in and how many family members are involved.
Verona Area High School welcomes you to our athletic website. We remind you that interscholastic events are an extension of the classroom, and lessons are best learned when respect is shown to all.
Please, show good sportsmanship during games and show respect for coaches, players, officials, and fans.
Cheer for your team and not against the opposing team. Avoid profanity, racist; sexist; or ethnic comments; or other intimidating or taunting actions. Let the coaches coach, the officials officiate and the players play.
Enjoy Verona Area High School sports!